16 Mar 2016
Nominations for the York Adult Learner Awards are now open!
The York Adult Learner awards celebrate the achievements of local learners across a wide range of awards categories. If you know of someone who deserves recognition, you have until 29th April to submit a nomination.
Higher York are delighted to be supporting the Awards once again. The Higher York Award gives recognition to an inspirational learner studying a Higher Education course at university or college, who may have overcome a personal or social challenge in order to further their learning.
Other award categories are:
- Most improved – for learners who have made a significant improvement from their starting point;
- Biggest achievement - for people who have excelled in their area of study;
- Creative learner of the year – for learners who have made a significant contribution to an arts-based or creative course;
- Significant contribution to adult learning – for someone who has made a significant contribution to adult learning over a period of time – an ‘unsung hero';
- Informal learning group – for classes or groups where learning does not lead to a formal qualification, including self-organised groups;
- Work related learning - for people who have made an outstanding contribution to learning and have progressed at work as a result;
- Digital learner – for individuals who have made extensive or innovative use of digital resources or technology.