13 Nov 2015
Celebrating great student landlordship in York
On 10 November York celebrated the second annual Good Landlord Awards to recognise great student landlordship in the city.
The awards scheme was set up by the Students’ Unions across York’s universities and colleges to highlight landlords and letting agents who provide an exceptional level of service for their student tenants. Students from the University of York and York St John University had the opportunity to nominate their landlords and letting agents for a range of awards, including Most Responsive Landlord, Landlord of the Year (Smaller and Larger property), Managing Agent of the Year and the Outstanding Service Award.
The Rt Hon The Lord Mayor of York, Cllr. Sonja Crisp, and the Lord Mayor’s Consort Mr Ian Crisp joined the nominated landlords and their student tenants at the event last night at the National Centre for Early Music, when the winners were announced.
The winners were:
- Most Responsive Landlord of the Year: Mike Taylor
- Managing Agent of the Year: Sinclair Properties
- Landlord of the Year- Smaller Student Property, sponsored by the York RLA: Keith and Julie Edgell
- Landlord of the Year- Larger Student Property, sponsored by the York RLA: Dennis Allport
- Outstanding Service Award, sponsored by City of York Council’s YorProperty Landlord Accreditation Service: Helen Greenwood
Sinead Hammond, Good Landlord Awards organiser said: ‘last night’s awards were a testimony to how many fantastic landlords there are in the York area. It was great to see so many different landlords nominated for an award, and to hear about all the great things they had been doing to help make student life easier whilst in York. I very much hope landlords continue these high standards for the 2016 awards!’
Photo credit: Joanne Coates